Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

Carter JOYFULLY woke us all up at 6:24am shouting, "Good Morning, Good Morning!" This has become his normal routine these days. I don't necessarily feel joyful when it happens but, when I see his happy face, my annoyance softens.
Dave went right to the window to see if we were "hit." Yep...it looked like a blizzard whirling outside AND the strip at the bottom of the tv revealed NO SCHOOL!
I was secretly happy. This meant we could stay in our pj's and not go anywhere!!! Daddy still had to go to work so while he was getting ready I decided to start the day off with a special breakfast...whole wheat pancakes w/apples and cinnamon inside. My good friend told me to try it and I am so glad I did. They were GOOD if I don't say so myself.
Once Daddy was off to work I stripped sheets from all the beds and began laundry...fun! Also starting another fun thing...potty training the little dude. So far we have had four successful trips to the potty and one accident. I am determined to have no more diapers in this house so am sticking with it. Wish us luck!
The boys also helped me make a chocolate bundt cake. By help I mean they licked the spatula and bowl clean and then Carter had to be stripped to only Diego underwear because he was covered with batter!!! Wish I would have had the camera handy then!


Finally digging in!

Oh Carter...what a cheese you are!


I hope this finds you all enjoying your day!

Happy Winter,
Trish













1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great morning.....Justin stayed home so I got to sleep in a little....then we cleaned the storage room in the basement and then played outside.....now NAP time!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete