Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweet Preservation

Today I canned tomatoes. Dave took the boys so I could have the kitchen all to myself. Well, almost all to myself, Rocko was still here...usually laying right at my feet hoping for a scrap of anything!
Canning is something my good friend, Amy, taught me how to do a couple years ago. I love the "idea" of it and also the outcome of it, but the canning part...it sure is a lot of work!

I canned 7 quarts(just under a half bushel) and still have over a dozen tomatoes left. I even made a small batch of fresh salsa too and hope to can a couple quarts of salsa next week.

Maybe next week I will have the energy to do peaches?!?!?


Signed,
Sick of Tomatoes





1 comment:

  1. I am canning this weekend. You might be interested in my blog: www.milocalfoodbeet.blogspot.com
    How can I get your postings? You need a feedburner widget for an email sign up. :-)

    ReplyDelete