Monday, August 23, 2010

Remembering...

Grandma...



Grandma went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 21st, 2010. I have many wonderful memories of Grandma. Here are just a few that come to mind...
I can still see Grandma sitting at the table drinking her coffee and having burnt toast in the morning. She loved her burnt toast!
I remember going with her and Grandma Bradway to the Anchor House. We couldn't wait to eat there :) I was lucky enough to have breakfast with her, Grandpa, Aunt Lisa and my boys there a couple months ago. Although, now it is no longer the Anchor Houes but is called Daniel's.
I will remember Grandma's Mary Kay room. Erin and I always loved to sneak in there and snoop around. We also loved the lip gloss we got every Christmas that was hidden in their Christmas Tree.
Grandma was a great cook. I always loved her homemade Macaroni and cheese. It was the best! I know Erin's favorite was her strawberry cake. I just got the recipe from Aunt Lisa and made it over the 4th of July weekend.
My last memory of Grandma will be stopping by to visit with her and Grandpa on our way home from the Towne reunion a couple of weeks ago. Grandpa made us rootbeer floats and we just chatted. I will cherish that last hug...she hugged me so tight!
I love you, Grandma! Until we meet again in Heaven someday...
Trisha






1 comment:

  1. I am crying just reading your wonderful and loving tribute. She sounds like an amazing lady. Sorry for your temporary loss. ♥

    ReplyDelete