Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Walking with God

I have been reading a book called Walking with God by John Eldredge. I haven't finished it yet but have been struck by a few things already. I love the following...
"It's not what he isn't giving but what he IS giving. We can get
so locked onto what we don't have, what we think
we want or need, that we miss the gifts
God is giving."
He also writes...
"We are created to enjoy life. But we end up worshipping the gift
instead of the Giver. We seek for life & look to God
as our assistant in the endeavor. We are far more upset
when things go wrong than we ever are when we aren't
close to God."
I keep asking myself, "How many gifts have I missed?" I pray that
I can be more open and grateful for what He is giving me.
One more thing...
"As long as our happiness is tied up to the things we can lose,
we are vulnerable." - John Eldredge
I hope you all stop today and enjoy the gifts He is giving!
Blessings,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment