Saturday, January 30, 2010

A good weekend








The snow fell almost all day yesterday and is still falling today. It is as if it is in slow motion and it is really beautiful, especially when the sun comes out. Everything looks better when the sun is out doesn't it? Well, not everything I guess. It tends to shed light on all that needs to be dusted around here :) Yesterday I was excited to go get all of the ingredients I needed to try out a new recipe; Swooney Potato and Corn Chowder. Something about a cold, winter day says soup! I love cooking and baking. I think mostly because it is one of the ways I show Dave and the boys how much I love them. The soup was delicious and was also our lunch today :)



Not only did I get to try out a new recipe this weekend, but I got to do something else I love...go shopping. Dave and I took the boys and hit Goodwill, Salvation Army and the Womens Resource Center. We love looking for cool vintage things or just cool things for that matter. Check out this find...it was only $45!!!

And last but not least, I baked whole wheat banana muffins in my $3 muffin tin I scooped up at the WRC as well. It was a low key but fun weekend. The boys and Dave are napping now...I think I should sign off and try to catch some sleep as well.


I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend with the people you love. I sure did!







Trish






















Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment